Merry Jamaalidays! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ It's my favorite time of the year on Animal Jam. Do any of you have special plans this year?

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ice Skating c: (Edwing's Life #2)

Hallo, Jammers! ^.^
So this is a bit off-topic, but I decided to do a little storytime. It's nice to share my experiences with you guys. C:
Anyways, I went ice skating for my brother's birthday party. I was a bit nervous, as I hadn't skated in a bit over a year, but I didn't fall over even once! I was able to beat most of the boys, including those who took skating lessons. c:< 
(I take ballet, which someone makes it easier for me to balance on the ice. o.o)
We also had some DELICIOUS vanilla cake. It tasted AMAZING <3
Anyways, as I was teaching my younger cousin to skate, a blur of motion to my left caught my eye. A little girl was stumbling across the ice, her arms flailing about. She was about to pitch forward onto her face and hurt herself, but someone who looked a few years old than me slid forward and caught her! 
She stumbled slightly, but he held onto her arms so that she wouldn't fall over. It was a perfect catch, almost like a fairytale moment. c: I was very touched that the boy, who looked like a high school student, had saved this little girl that he didn't even know!
She smiled greatfully at him and thanked him, and he returned her to her parents with a warm expression. It made me feel melty and happy on the inside. X3
Now I found this important because he saved (CAUGHT, no less) someone that he didn't even know! That's something that not everyone would do.
So the next time that you see someone who could use some help, just do it. Help them.
You could affect someone's life more than you know.

Anyways, here are a few neat things to do when you ice skate:
1) Start skating and pick up the pace, then glide. If you're about to bump into someone, stop by turning your feet in. 
2) Hold one foot a few inches above the ground for three seconds, then alternate to the other foot. Keep doing it.
3. Hold your hands together behind your back and try to keep your balance as you skate. See how long you can hold it.
Now I'll leave you with a fabulous ice skating gif!
GAAAAH I NEED TO LEARN TO DO THIS ONE DAY! :O
Sorry that this post was unrelated, I'm a bit too tired to make a normal one. But don't worry, I should be making a normal one tomorrow. :3

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Ice skating is epic! And you seem like you'd make a good ice skater >:3

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Jammers!
A few rules, before you decide to comment.
Pleeeease do NOT comment anything that is rude or offending, no bad language obviously, and try to make comments thoughtful.
Hopefully I don't sound too strict. ;)
Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
~Edwingrim2