Merry Jamaalidays! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ It's my favorite time of the year on Animal Jam. Do any of you have special plans this year?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Beta Days in Jamaa

NOTE: None of the images from the beta days are mine. They are all from various sources on Google Images.

Hallo, Jammers! ^.^

Beta was known as the testing period for Animal Jam, when everything was cheap and nonmember. Therefore, everyone looks at beta as "the good old days."

It was a simpler time, an easier time. Rares and scams were nonexistent- it was all about meeting new friends and creating amazing memories. I myself have some pretty amazing memories of these days. <3

Several items from beta are very rare and sought after. Here is a bit of information about the elusive beta testing period:

Old Jamaa:


The coloring on the animals is very different, and notice that the sleeping koala's eyes are open! This was something that would later be fixed as AJ was modified.

And there also isn't a Jammer Central; instead, there is a large stone contraption (a gong? o.e) standing in it's place.

Modern Jamaa:


Note that it is much more bustling: there are many people clumped around Jammer Central. And of course, the accessories on all of the animals are MUCH different.

Old Jamaa:


Look above and you will see The Lost Temple of Zios, looking very different. Look at the color of the Jammers' name tags which is a light brown with a leaf-green paw symbol on the side. Also note the statue of Graham in the middle, later to be replaced with a statue of Zios wrecked by the phantoms.

Also; the game symbol is very different. It looks like a square of paper, and the console on it is a bit different as well. 

Modern Jamaa:


(Picture Credit goes to Animal Jam Beta Days:)

The Lost Temple of Zios now has a pebbly path and the Graham statue has disappeared, leaving a crumbling Zios statue sunken into the ground. The ground itself is also a more vibrant, realistic green.

Old Jamaa:


This old edition of the Jamaa Journal is a bit plainer than modern Jamaa Journal, and there is an interesting motto:"The Newspaper You Can Sink Your Teeth Into." 

The logo at the top is also different, as it is green and cream and has a semi-plain font.

Modern Jamaa:


This is a recent edition of the Jamaa Journal. ^

It is a bit more colorful and less newspaper-like, and it has a ridge on top.

The advertisements along the sides now have their own cubes and images, making it look like more of a story-book than something informational and dull.

All in all, both versions of Jamaa have their pros and their cons. ^-^ Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. That's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, i wish i was in the beta days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. Everybody was nicer back then.

      Delete
    2. ya... I remember when the kangaroos came and how like then 75% of people began hacking, scamming, cheating, and being so cruel. I hope they make a day where all rares and memberships don't matter because they get temp. taken away. Ya chaos would arise but people would be friends from whats on the inside. I have seen people come and go and some good. I met someone who asked for a prayer. A tornado was in their area and she was scared. I told her I would wear blue everyday. Blue=Hope i believe. I told her stay strong and people will be there to help. I haven't seen her since..... DX She was SSUUPPEERR nice. She was scammed too. WHY IS THE AJ COMMUNITY LIKE THIS!

      Delete
    3. I feel the same way… and there would be no "Fman122"(the F stands for funny so his user would be Funnyman122)

      Delete
  4. I don't really look into rares. I just collect them to get the items I think look awesome, like.. A founders' hat, black long spike, beard, and fire pit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My user is storage456 by the way. :P

      Delete
    2. They are all rare...
      But I do want Cami's frog because I have met Cami, so, ya.

      Delete
  5. I arrived in animal jam after the 2013 hack of fman122 and also im SO curious about the beta days

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend tells me all about the beta days. She remembers when rares were nothing to everything now. :( its sad how fast everything changed. Jammers Not Scammers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was in betas days....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya I wish I was in Beta days too. They sound SOOOOO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i know. that would be amazeing! aj would be so fun! untill rares came...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Jammers!
A few rules, before you decide to comment.
Pleeeease do NOT comment anything that is rude or offending, no bad language obviously, and try to make comments thoughtful.
Hopefully I don't sound too strict. ;)
Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
~Edwingrim2