Merry Jamaalidays! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ It's my favorite time of the year on Animal Jam. Do any of you have special plans this year?

Friday, May 2, 2014

NOSTALGIA: aka I explain everything.

I started playing Animal Jam, err... well... sometime around late-ish 2011, I'm guessing? :3
Instantly, I was drawn to it and got on as frequently as I could to see my buddies and purchase the new items.
I quit just before certain member gifts such as spikes came out- however, the month-long membership was still on my account when I quit, so I still got the spike. Not as if it matters, anyways. I don't really like spikes, and ended up trading mine away for a black beard and spiked wristband, neither of which I liked any more so I traded them, too.
Anyways, the thing that really kept me on Animal Jam were the memories.
Remembering that time that my buddies and I all went to Club Geoz and chatted. The first time that I beat Sky High. Tons of other small things that filled younger me with joy. (That isn't an over- exaggeration, by the way.)
Those memories aren't really so easy to forget.
Which is why, almost two years later, I came back to Animal Jam and it was as if nothing had even changed. Except it had.
Playing AJ didn't perk me up anymore. I was older, and losing interest fast.
This is where the idea for this blog comes in.
I'd seen other AJ blogs which I read almost daily: Animal Jam Spirit, Animal Jam Whip, Animal Jam Times, ect. I decided that I wanted to make a blog too. Thus began Animal Jam Harmony. It was a private blog, which I ran with my good friend Tabby0805. We had tons of fun posting on it, but we hadn't made our Animal Jam emails, so it couldn't become public. Gradually, we stopped posting on the collaboration blog and formed our own blogs. Tabby kept the name, I believe, but I came up with Juniper's Animal Jam Grove, a title that I had been considering for a while.
That was how JAJG was formed. It was such a great experience blogging and having you wonderful viewers reading my posts, but after a while blogging too got old.
What makes me keep coming back to AJ is mainly one thing: nostalgia. : A wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also :  something that evokes nostalgia.
So, yeah. A mix of wistfulness and memories.
That is why I am coming back to blogging. Memories, and of course you guys.
I should resume posting normally this afternoon. Hopefully I haven't forgotten how to make a good post. ;)
One last thing: 10,000 views!
Wow. Seriously, it's amazing how far this blog has come. :')
Thank you readers so much for sticking with me through my random periods of quitting-because-of-schoolwork. :p
Please keep up the viewing! Who knows... maybe we'll have 20,000 soon!

2 comments:

  1. fuzzhead Peace, Love, and UNICORNS!!May 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM

    Yay! Ur coming back!!
    -fuzzhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to come back! To be honest, the past couple of months I was considering quitting Animal Jam and all of my knowledge about it, until the unforgettable memories drew me back. I speak for you-AJ is something some people just can't let go of. Let it go, let it go... :P

    Oh well. So happy you are back. :3

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Jammers!
A few rules, before you decide to comment.
Pleeeease do NOT comment anything that is rude or offending, no bad language obviously, and try to make comments thoughtful.
Hopefully I don't sound too strict. ;)
Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
~Edwingrim2